Saturday, June 21, 2003

00:56:12

Last sunday I participated in a 12 KM run help by Bogota's very own, Clinica Palermo. The race started at the Clinic (Calle 47, Cra 22), went down Calle 26 up to Cra 68, and came back.



  • 00:00 Cesar Augusto Londoño calls the departure, and the race starts as a human mass of about 2500 people crawls slowly, like a huge white snail.

  • 03:25 The route takes us up Carrera 28's bridge, from there I can see a dense mass of people as far as my eyes get me

  • 05:00 The sun starts heating up and everybody seems to have obtained their position in the race, surpasses are less frequent

  • 12:00 The race really starts, I forget I'm running

  • 15:35 I am about to pass carrera 50's bridge and the leaders of the race are already coming back from carrera 68. They run in a "pique'e choro" kind of way, all the time.

  • 20:45I reach carrera 68, that marks the turning point

  • 35:00By now there is no huge mass of people, just a few runners scatterd here and there. On the other side of Calle 26 all the people that were walking the race started jumping to the side I was in

  • 47:05 We finally get out of carrera 26 and head into the parkway

  • 56:12 Yee hay. I'm glad it's over

  • finish + 15:00 It was a good race, we should do it again. Yeah, it was really great

No comments: