Wednesday, January 01, 2003

Le Seigneur des anneaux : les deux tours


After trying several times, and going to Unicentro and finding no available seats in any of the six possible screenings of the movie I finally managed to see Lord of the Rings II. I have to say it was awesome. When compared to it the first one looks like a children's tale.
I have to see that after reading the book I had no idea of how they would manage to portray the ents, but after seeing what they did I have nothing to do but applaud, same goes to the word done with Gollum; precioussss.
The Two Towers is the kind of movie after which one needs to take a breath, I mean, the battle of Helm was one of the greatest screenings of a battle I have ever seen. It's a remainder of how battle were not so long ago, where two armies would fight in the open against each other to decide, rather quickly which was the course of action to be taken. You always knew your enemy. "If the guy has a red uniform, he's one of yours, don't kill him", unlike almost all wars right now, where the enemy is invisible, and will not risk combat out in the open.

No comments: