Wednesday, April 09, 2003


Carpe diem?
Pon amor en las cosas que haces, y las cosas tendrán sentido. Retírales el amor y se tornarán vacias. San Agustín
After about two months on the workforce I have to say that I've learned a lot, not only on the technical side, but on the personal one, and several things puzzle me right now:


  • Since I work at a relatively big company (on colombian standards) there is people from almost all age groups. Most of them have been with the company for about two years, but there are some of them that have been there since the dawn of times. Most of them see their jobs as something boring you have to do during the office hours so that friday can come and you can go drink, or you can pay the bills to sustain your wife/husband and kid/s. I don't want to think about work in this way. It is true, there are certain things that are a pain, but on average is a challenge and it is fun., and in the moment it starts not being it, it is time to move on to something else.

  • I don't know how you can live without hopes, or with extrinsecal ones, when all you have to expect is for the years to pass and for you to obtain your jubilation, so that you can go and enjoy all that you lost because you were working. I don't want to find myself just waiting for that, so that life is just an infinite sequence of boring days, where day n+1 is just like day n, and I'd rather be anywhere else.

No comments: