Wednesday, December 18, 2002

Matar el tigre y asustarse con el cuero

Finally, finally, finally I can say that I have finished my undergraduate studies. The only thing missing is printing out the thesis and doing paperwork, so for all it matters I am now a "Systems Engineer" from the Universidad de los Andes. I have decided, that, for the moment being, I'll have to look for a job. I don't want to continue studying right now. I'd rather wait six months or a year to enroll again. When I enroll I want to do it wanting to study. Right now I don't really want to study. I don't know if this lack of study is for long but I know it is not permament, It can go away in a month, or in a year. It will surely go away, but now I am happy with it.


With that out of my system I can say I am on vacation (altough the proper term would be unemployment, since there is no nothing to come back to). I have enjoyed it so far. Went to a few job interviews and the like, but mostly I have been going to the gym and playing around with the computer. It has been a long time since I did that, just playing for the fun of it. No deadline, no project, just the curiosity (that is one of the things that reminds me that my soul is not yet dead). I have been playing with flash, no to the level that Arturo has, just a little. The thing is cool, shame it only works on Windows; SWF is a well documented format, in the same way that assembler code can be well documented, everybody knows the instruction but there are too many and it is hard to make sense of them, but FLA (Macromedia's project file format) is not, it is even less documented that .doc.


Today I went to the last day of "Expoartesanías" at Corferias. I went with my aunt, and it was cool, lots of figures and useless stuff whose only virtue or purpose of existance is that of looking good. It was funny how this is one of the only things in which Bogotá is not the capital of the country. For instance, if you asked a guitar maker if he could be reached outside the fair he would refer you to an address in Chiquiquirá, Boyacá, and if you asked the guy that makes hats he would give you an address god-knows-where in Sucre or Cordoba.

No comments: