Wednesday, December 04, 2002


Yesterday I stayed of my mail account for 11 hours. It was great!! Of course, at the end of the day I had 15 non-spam messages waiting. I was at Alejo's, we were writing papers for our submissions to the IBM Linux Challenge. The documents have to be three pages long.


Before, the complicated thing was to make documents long, but now it becomes ever increasingly harder to make them SHORT. It is easier to write 20 pages on a subject that to write 3, that is, if the subject is rich enough, so we are struggling with clarity and completeness, and counting words to make it to a 1200 words deadline.



The afternoon, tough, was not all work. We saw Le pacte des loups. It was a very good movie. Not what one would expect on a french movie. It would as far as saying it made a good american movie, in the ways of action filled, violence rich, revenge hungry pieces of filmography.



Note to $self: Why is it that altough I'm sure a high percentage of the people who reads this (hell, no, all of them) are native spanish speakers(I am a native spanish speaker myself) is that blogs are written in english?


For me at least it is a manifestation of what Brecht called "verfremdungseffekt" or the "alienation effect". It is easier to talk about yourself if you are doing it "far away" from yourself, and changing the language is a nice way of achieving this.

No comments: